Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Taking The Time

I heard someone say the other day, "Where has the summer gone?" It took me for a bit, until I realized how great every moment had been.
Im lucky, I love my job. Being on the front line of bicycle retail sales in the Boston area, I have managed to keep smiling and learning. Just when you think you have seen it all, something new appears.
Taking the time to discover and not repeat for the sake of repeat. Getting stuck doing the same old thing may be easy, but when it comes to memories of times gone by, it may actually be harder to remember.
Its does not come as a surprise when I hear, That Summer went fast!" When every ride and every day is the same. its no wonder at all.
Taking the time to mix things up. Friends and family and meeting new folks. Heads down and endless miles has a great feeling when its done. There is nothing like experiencing a 350 mile week. I have had many. But taking the time to stop and actually see where you are, may just slow things down enough to remember the difference of your day to day doings.
I like to go back and look at the photographs. I share some of the best, but some are of the personal life I share with the folks that participate in the adventure. Photos out of context have no meaning unless you know why they were shot.
At the end of the day you may just ask yourself why you chose to do what you did.
Taking the time to think it out may just have you realizing that in fact not only is Summer not over, but tomorrow may be the perfect time to take care of that crazy idea you had that makes you, you and your life complete. Taking the time and not letting Time Take You.


The Untouched

No comments:

Post a Comment