Friday, February 24, 2012

How I Won, "Best of Craigslist"

Three years ago I got tired of searching Craigs for vintage Raleighs and finding bikes that not only looked like junk but were priced at a ridiculous level. I decided to place one of my own.
I first found this photo of this bicycle that had been burred for over a month in back of the store in my photo file and priced it at $300.00 but when it made "Best", they dropped it to $30.


The response was great! One reader wrote and said I caused him to blow his oatmeal all over his monitor! Another wrote asking "What kind of person are you?" and telling me that I should at least supply a shovel.
The copy made it across the county in about a week. Friends on the West Coast were writing me and saying that it had to have been me that posted the ad. They were right.
If you have already seen this, you now know where it came from.

2 comments: